Thursday, July 10, 2014

Trying colored pencils

Good morning everyone! Since I have cut back on my dt obligations I have had some more time to play a bit with all of the crafty stuff I have and one of those is my colored pencils. And I have always loved anything botanical so I decided to play along with the latest challenge over at Power Poppy (love these floral images!) and try out my pencils for the first time without copics. So be gentle okay?

This is one of the latest releases called Countryside Bouquet and is a digi image, my fav! The challenge this week is to go with your countries colors, I was shooting for red, white and blue but think mine ended up being more pink, yellow and purple. Still pretty though and the thought was there! The sentiment is a freebie from the site. I have used my spectrum noir pencils for this and they blended together really easily so I am happy so far. More practice just like anything else though to get better highlights and shadows but it was fun to try something different. Oh, papers are Pion that my BFF Elaine gave to me and I have been hoarding.

I would like to enter this into the Power Poppy challenge.

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So vibrant Amanda! You've blended the pencils so well - a gorgeous piece!

Marcella Hawley said...

Amanda, your card is knocking my socks off. Love how you colored this bouquet!! The magenta poppies with blue centers - YUM! It's just so super festive - and gorgeous execution. Even the way you treated the sentiment is fun. Thank you so much for playing in our challenge — I hope you'll do it again (and again, and again!!) ~m