Monday, July 28, 2014

Creative Bloggers hop!

I have been asked by my friend Pam Henness to join in with the Creative Bloggers Hop. Its a continuous Hop Every Monday with a host of Different Inspirational Bloggers taking part each week.

Pam and I were on my first design teams together, Ladybug Crafts and I have to say Kerry, the ownder of LCI, certainly set a high standard for any dt leaders to follow, to say she is awesome is an understatement and I am forever thankful for the fellow designers I met there and am still friends with. Is this craft wonderful in so many ways or what?

So I am suppose to just answer a few questions for you to get to know a bit about me.

What am I working on?
I have just ordered a set of watercolors from the Billy Showell website and would love to learn to do botanical images. I have always loved anything botanical and I will never know if I don't try right? I am also dabbling just a bit in mixed media, I need to be more "free" with my art which is difficult for me. I like everything nice and orderly.
 
How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I think my cards tend to be a bit simpler then a lot of others I see now, the trend seems to be "card overload". Although I admire people that can do this, it isn't my style and frankly, I don't like to hide the pretty paper I am using! I tend to focus more on my coloring then the embellishments although with the stash I have I better start using some more!
 
Why do I write/create what I do?
I have always had my hands busy in some type of art form, I can quilt, do stained glass and now of course cardmaking but I love cards most of all. First off, no pricked or cut fingers from sharp edges haha! And a card comes together much faster then a quilt or stained glass. I love being able to make something to give to someone that I am proud of and to make their day just a bit better. Cause really, isn't that what we are here for? To make it just a bit better in our little area of the world?
 
How does your creative process work?
Well, I normally have a card due for a team or find a new image I really want to color up to begin. Then I pick out my papers, I like to pull my colors off of them to color with and it also gives me the "feel" of the card at that time. Then off to Pinterest for some layout and embellishment ideas.
 
Okay, now I get to pick three bloggers to answer the questions and my choices are: 
 

 
 Elaine is my best friend in the world. Everyone should be so lucky to have a friend like her. She was one of my first followers and I had the best time visiting her in England this summer. Her creations are always gorgeous yet elegantly simple and I thank God everyday for putting her in my life.
 
      Sheri
 
I met Sheri while I was on the Kraftin Kimmie dt and we have been fast friends ever since. She is my go to person for anything Silhouette related, she can use that machine like nobodies business! I love the themes she uses on her cards and her projects go beyond the simple cards I tend to do. Love her to bits!
 
 
 
My coloring friend extraordinaire! Have you seen her classes over at her website? If not, you don't know what you are missing out on! She is my go to person for coloring questions and just being silly. She constantly amazes me with not only her coloring but her generosity and true concern for all of her friends and students. Like Elaine and Sheri, we all have an immense love for our cats and this is frequently a topic of conversation.
 
I am so thankful for all of my friends in the crafty world, they are my second family and I don't know what I would do without them. Thanks for popping by!





 

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I really do adore you so very much and you inspire with everything you do!! I have to go now....I think I have something in my eye. ;) ♥

Elaine said...

There's late and then there's late and I'm LATE!
I loved reading a little more about you although I already know some stuff...kind, caring, sweet, funny, nutty etc I could go on but then your head will swell up and you'll have to stay at home forever and colour all day, sounds like a plan huh?

Big hugs
Me xxx