Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sentiment tutorial

Good morning! I hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are in this great big ol world we are in! We had gorgeous weather this weekend and we managed to get a lot accomplished in the yard so that always makes me feel good.

Today I have a short tutorial for you on how to dress up your sentiments. It is super easy but I think adds a nice touch. You can use any punch or spellbinders die etc for this technique. Okay, here we go!

First off I punch out the paper I will use for the sentiment itself, normally I stamp first but for demonstration purposes (and laziness) I skipped that part.


At this point you can also ink the edges, add glitter to them or anything else to jazz them up if you want.

Next I punch out the cardstock I want to use for the matting.

 
Then I cut these in half, smack dab down the middle as best I can manage.

 
Then I add adhesive to the back of my blank sentiments, I normally use clear liquid adhesive so I can move the back parts around a bit.


And attach the matting to the back of the sentiments with them pulled apart in the center a little bit. I did have to trim the points off of the center of the black matting because it looked odd on the front. I always turn them over to make sure the matting is even all around the edges, this is where the liquid adhesive is handy.

And voila! Instant matting for your sentiments!

4 comments:

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh my this is brilliant Amanda...thanks for sharing.

ursula Uphof said...

Super idea, thanks for sharing. Ursula xxx

Lucy said...

Very clever idea! I'll get a lot more use out of mine now :D

Patty Sue 2 said...

I have been out of blog land and e-mail. My computer is in the shop being repaired, re-tuned. Love this idea and will try it out. I am on a borrowed computer for a few minutes and just wanted to check in with you!