Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lavinia stamps challenge card


Alright everyone, stepping outside of my comfort zone a bit here! I came across a webshop for Lavinia stamps and really would love to play along in their challenge blog to win some of their images so here is my attempt.

I have used the digi Zen butterfly on my card and the challenge is beads or gems so I have added small gems to the wings of the butterfly. They are actually for on fingernails but hey, they fit so I used them!

I have used a heart stencil and applied a mix of glitter and embossing paste for some glimmer and a frantage embossed chipboard word in the corner. A bit of stickles on the tips of the wings and it is done. Oh, the image is only glued down along the body so the wings are floating and I colored the back of it with a blue copic so it doesn't look odd from the sides. Alright, wish me luck! I want some of those stamps haha!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, this card is so stunning and gorgeous. The butterfly looks exquisite!

Tracy said...

That is one cool butterfly! Those little gems look perfect on it's wings. You go girl! Good luck! Hugs!

gobeagirl said...

Hello my friend. I have so been out of my blogging loop latey, but you are out of control. lol This is GORGEOUS! My word your whole card is just fantastic! I love the nail beads on her beautiful wings. Great idea. I have some itty bitty sequins from Dollar Tree that are nail art that I intend to use some day as well. :0) Hope you Joe and the babies are all having a wonderful summer. I miss talking with you. Hugs Lisa

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is different and I love it x

Vaughn Boyd said...

Appreciate tthis blog post