Thursday, May 8, 2014

Whimsical characters needed!

Hello everyone! Its time for another challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge and our hostess for the next weeks is one of the sweetest people I know, Tracy. And she would like to see us use whimsical or fairytale images this time.

I have been wanting to color up this image but was a bit intimidated by it but I tell ya, I am tickled pink with the way it came out! Just one section at a time and before you know it, I was all done! This is Dragon Hugs and it also comes in a little boy version.

Papers are by Graphic 45 and the sentiment is by Whimsy stamps. I have been playing around with different color combos and am really liking this green one. I believe it is YG03, 07 and G29, the pinks are R20,22 and 24. She has just a bit of sparkle on her waist and the banner on her hat.

Okay, lets see some inspiration from you and make sure to check us out on Mo's facebook page, we have lots of fun, a new challenge each month and right now we are also having a guest dt call!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I absolutely love it, it's one of my favorite images but i am intimidated by it, now i may have the courage to try, lol.

Hanneke said...

Such a sweet card Amanda! I love the image and the little flags on the side. Hugs, Hanneke

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic, Amanda! How have I missed this image? I have to grab this one for my granddaughter who adores dragons. :-D Love your coloring and the background dp is fabulous. Fun sparkle for framing the image. :-D

Shona Erlenborn said...

How cute is this? Great kids card - with the huggable dragon. Love the little pennants on the right too, great addition to this festive creation!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amanda, I think you did a fantastic job with this. I love your coloring and I am going to try out your green combo. That, for some reason has always been my least favorite color to work with. :O) LOVE how you made the little princess look so pretty with her sparkles and all. I know what you mean about being intimidated by a picture. I was the same way with Tress from TGF. I just loved how pretty she was and I didn't want to waist even one stamping of her let alone make a mess of her beautiful hair. lol... Silly, I know. However just like you I go over it and I am pleased with how she turned out. Hope you have a great weekend,. Hugs Lisa

Franz♥ said...

Too cute Amanda, this Mo's image is just adorable and I love how your colouring turned out!

A huge hug, Franz.