Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TGF birthday card

Happy Hump Day everyone! Countdown to the weekend has started! I enjoy my job but I do still love my days off. I whipped this card up this morning for a wonderful friend of mine, Renee. She loves the color orange so that was my jump off point and I love TGF so there ya go. I tried a new hair combination which is similar in color to Renee's, it is the E50's and I think I am liking it although could use just a bit more contrast. I haven't decided what saying to put on it yet but something like "Birthdays are nice but new carpet rocks!" The story behind that is Renee got new carpet a few weeks ago and was so excited she said the carpet installers were looking at her like she was crazy. She said something like I am old and don't get out much. Ha Ha!


The paper is Mabel by My Minds Eye, buttons are PTI and the flower is felt cut with a PTI flower die. I am loving all of the new metal dies out there, they cut so beautifully. Oh, and do you see the flower frog I used? I am trying to improve my photo taking skills and thought this might lift the card a bit. Under $4 at Michaels if you want one. My husband gets so mad when I tell people how much I paid for something but if it is a good deal ya gotta share, right?! Ok, off to work on another card, don't forget the kraftin kimmie new releases start tomorrow!

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Ooh Mary J will love this - and so do i, the colours are fab.. love that cute image and the flower
Lisa x

Anita said...

This is so pretty Amanda! Love that little image and your coloring is so pretty. I'm addicted to the new MME papers. Love your felt flower too.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda. This is just adorable. I am sure your friend is going to love it. I also think that your saying is awesome. I just had to laugh. I get out, but I know just what she means. lol...I think you hair color is perfect and as you know this is some of my favorite paper. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Pami said...

Fabulous Amanda! I love the image (I must use these more!) and the papers are just wonderful. Pami x

Deborah said...

Beautiful card! Love the stamps of The Greeting Farm, soooo cute!
Greets Deborah

Vicky said...

What a beauty Amanda...and super colouring too hun..

hugs Vicky xx

Kim said...

Beatiful card! And beautifully colored!

Hugs Kim

Autumn said...

Fantastic!! I love the colors and your coloring is fabulous!! Thanks also for following me and joining my candy, good luck with the draw!!
xxAutumn