Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sketch time at Kraftin Kimmies!

Happy weekend everyone! I am working today but will hopefully get a chance to peek in on everyone later. Today is my second week as a guest designer for Kraftin Kimmie stamps and can I tell ya, these girls are great! Always checking on one another and supporting each other, aren't we lucky to be part of this big circle of things? Amazing how we can touch one anothers lives yet quite likely never even meet. Okay, enough blabber out of me, onto my card. This week we have a sketch to follow by Michele at http://papercuts.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/. I will post it after my card for you, it was a wonderful sketch to work with and since I am a "sketchaholic" I will be saving this one to use again. Do you notice my restraint with the exclamation points? I'm tryin!
This image is called Mae and can be purchased at http://www.kraftinkimmiestamps.com/. I have colored her with copics, the paper is by Cosmo Cricket called Delovely. Aren't these bright colors just gorgeous! I have used some flowers I pulled off a stem down the side, I think they are from the bridal section at Michaels, and a large rose in the corner. Sorry I don't know who the sentiment is by, was just sitting in my drawer and seemed to fit. I need to check out kimmies store and get some more sentiments, the ones she puts together are so cute. I layered everything with black cardstock to make it pop and used my new Janome sew mini for all the stitching. LOVE that little sewing machine. FYI, I got mine from overstock.com really reasonably, refurbished and it works like a dream. Ok, I think that is it for today. Don't forget next week is our blog hop and trust me when I say I think this latest release is probably my favorite of all times. Wasn't I lucky to be chosen to be a guest designer this month?!!!!  Ok, here is the sketch so let's see what ya got girls

13 comments:

Jenny said...

This is such a FUN and vibrant card Amanda- love the dp you chose and the colouring is awesome:) The straw colouring on the hat is perfect!!!!!!! (many exclamation points necessary;)This release is fabulous- gotta get started on my samples today....

gobeagirl said...

Good morning Amanda. I love this card. She is so pretty and your coloring is great. Love, love this paper and I am so going to use this sketch. You are right it is a great one. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Vicky said...

Just beautiful Amanda...love the image and lovely bright summery colours too...

Glad you liked my stash...we do have some great crafts shows here in the UK..and it's hard sometimes to pick which ones to go to!

have a fabby day hun..hugs Vicky xx

Elaine said...

Oh WOW Amanda..this is fab-u-lous!!
Your colouring is awesome and the colours are beautiful and bright. Love those flowers too.

You are really rockin' on the kk team!

Love Elaine xx

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love the brightness of this card girl!!!!!! It reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum and cream soda pop!LOL! That's how my mind works. Mae is one of my favourite gals! Thanks for the B'day wishes! :) Tracy

Unknown said...

WOW Amanda...When I first saw this absolutely gorgeous card I swear it jumped right off the screen and yelled SUMMER!!! This card is just stunning and your colouring is perfect!! Beautiful, beautiful work!! .....Oh no, it's seems like I have caught the exclamation bug now...LOL! Xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE your card, Amanda! Mae looks soooo gorgeous and like she is definitely ready to party!!!! I love your gorgeous colouring...her hat looks fabulous and the flowers are gorgeous too!!!! Simply fabulous, darling!!!!!
Hugs,t

Mary J said...

Gorgeous, Amanda!!! So fun and bright - just what we need! I love your colouring! Soooo jealous you're on their team!!

Kerry said...

Those papers are yummalicious Amanda...lovely and bright...just like here in Glasgow today :-D Flabulous colouring as always xx

Michele Boyer said...

This is so bright and cheery, Amanda! LOVE it!

Sudha said...

Wow, its so cute dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Such a gorgoues bright colored card! Love it!

Hugs Kim

Anita said...

This is so pretty Amanda! I love the image and your coloring is so pretty. The bright cheerful colors are so perfect.