Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mo manning challenge


Post number two in one day, my year is off to a great start! This is a mo manning image I colored up for my niece for her 4th birthday. I tried using more pastel colors as I have seen some beautiful images colored that way, makes for great contrast. I am happy with this card but would love to slap a flower or something on it but hate to cover up the background paper cause it is so pretty and since I am mailing it I am trying to keep it rather flat.



I did use some prismacolor pencils to do a little blue shading around the image but it doesn't look like much. I guess trying something new I go for less is more to begin. Ok, that is it for tonite, watching the penguins game but it gives me a headache trying to follow that darn puck all over the ice!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh Amanda, this is so beautiful and absolutely perfect for a little girls birthday. You see....you do the pastels perfectly!
Your colouring is awesome, and the card is totally complete without a flower.

Love Elaine xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the design also. Happy New Year Hugs Michele x