Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Xmas card number 1

Evening everyone! Well, I am on vacation this week and promised myself I would get a few xmas cards made. Might as well enter a challenge while I am at it too right? This is a whipper snapper stamp and the dp is by DCWC I believe, xmas paper from last year I think. The challenge I am entering is cute card thursday, the sketch was very simple but I am telling you, I took this darn card apart like 5 times. First I had silver tinsel ribbon underneath the image, then I added blue ribbon on top but then the image wouldn't lay down, used scrap dots but didn't help much. So then I pulled it off (again) and used a snowflake punch to make the sidepiece out of silver paper and added some bling. You can't tell in the picture but the coal on the snowman is glittery as is the snow on the ground and his hat and the light blue around the image is glitter paper. Ok, time to post this and watch Biggest Loser.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Amanda, This is adoreable, I love your coloring you are really rocking those Copics! Missed you and look how your followers are growing.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda. This is indeed ADORABLE! You would never know that you took it apart at all. I love, love how you colored this also. His little red bird is just wonderful and colored to perfection. I love it! Hugs, Lisa G

Elaine said...

Hey Amanda,
Hope you are enjoying your time off work.
Beautiful Christmas card, fab colouring as always, you are amazing with Copics.
Have a great weekend.
Love Elaine xx